According to what/who Mike?

Gary

  _____

From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 10:15 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] MTR 2000

Bill,

I think you mean that the MTR is to get the TDMA MotoTrbo board upgrade two
slot TDMA option.

Mike K7PFJ

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The MTR 2000 is on Motorola's roadmap to get a P-25 upgrade option in the next
couple of years.

Bill - WA0CBW

In a message dated 11/24/2008 10:26:53 A.M. Central Standard Time, [EMAIL
PROTECTED] writes:

Eric Lemmon wrote:
> John,
>
> I certainly can't dispute the fact that an MTR2000 repeater is far more
> expensive than a TKR-850 repeater, nor can I dispute the fact that a BMW is
> far more expensive than a Yugo.  The MTR2000 is a high-tier, heavy-duty,
> very reliable unit that can operate continuously.  The TKR-850 is a low-tier
> station that is equivalent to the Motorola RKR-1225, and similar offerings
> from Icom, Vertex, and Ritron.  If you want quality and durability, buy a
> high-tier station.  If you feel that your needs do not warrant such an
> expenditure, stick with the more economical units.  If you want a high-tier
> Kenwood station, look at the TKR-840 rather than the TKR-850.  The TKR-840
> is intended to drive a separate power amplifier, si nce it puts out 1 to 5
> watts.  The local public-safety agencies use a TKR-840 with a 100 watt TPL
> amplifier running at 75 watts.  That combination is in the $3,500 class.
> The TKR-840 is the BMW of the Kenwood LMR product line.  The TKR-850 is,
> well, not a BMW.

Actually, the MTR-2000 is mid-to-low range. The high-tier for Motorola
is still the Quantar.