Does anyone know the trick/pin/programming to controlling the pl encode
(channel guard) on a Mastr IIe with external logic?
I have a UHF repeater that has the pl encode follows the pl decode and
am slaving a 2m Mastr IIe to it
thru a NHRC5.  All the logic is present in the NHRC5 to do this as it
has an output for control of a pl encoder.
I am leaving the controller in the Mastr IIe active so that its port can
be turned off in the NHRC5 and become a
stand alone repeater when needed. No bells and whistles in its
controller but it takes care of pl decode/encode, short tail and auto cw
IDer.
When it is slaved to the NHRC5 and its UHF repeater all the IDs, and
courtesy tones will be going out with the pl encoder active as it
currently stands.

What I want to do is to control the MastrIIe pl encoder so that it
follows the UHF repeaters PL decoder when they are slaved together.
Figured out how to cause the PL encoder of the UHF repeater to follow
the pl decoder of both radios when connected together easily enough.

So where to tie logic in to control the encoder in the Mastr IIe? On the
backplane P3 pins B6 and C12 look promising but so far
no luck. Perhaps I am missing something in the programming of the Mastr
IIe controller?
I can turn the CG encode on and off in the programming for the local PTT
options, just have not found
what pin to control for turning the local PTT CG encoder on/off.

The reason behind all this is so that we can run tone squelch and never
hear any house keeping signaling, ie, IRLP and echolink
connections stay devoid of long key ups, noise, etc..

Oh, did it mention that it is a MastrIIe? :-)
Thanks for any help on this, hopefully sooner then later as I am racing
the snow level to
get this project up in its home before its snowed in.
-Dave, KB7SVP