"Rick Beatty" <nu7...@...> wrote:

> I recently was given a SYSTEL unit made by Motorola, on
464.../469... with
> duplexer and looks to be a repeater, with low level output (2w or
so). Would
> be great for remote work on GMRS, does anyone on the group have
> data/information on this little cutie?
>
> Also I am looking for a schematic for an amplifier used with the
portable. a
> UHF with the number N1275a?
>
> thanks in advance --Rick

The service manual for the SysTel will be posted on R-B soon.
The GP300 based Systel CAN be used on GMRS as the radios ARE type
certificated for part 95 GMRS. The telephone part would have to be
disabled via the provided dip switch.

An external power amplifier may not be type certified for GMRS use.
The GP300 transmitter in the SysTel can run at 3 watts comfortably.
Spend your money on a good antenna instead.