I think both Mark (the original poster) and I were WAITING for you to jump in
and offer your comments, but you were out-of-service for the last few weeks and
your absense was felt.

So today's questions are (in your experience):
1. Does the supply just fold-back the current if the output is shorted?
2. Does the supply just fold-back the current if the crowbar SCR fires?
3. Can anything simple be done to prevent the crowbar from firing when the
supply operates in a strong RF environment?
4. Is the crowbar firing due to RF, or is the output voltage actually going
high enough to trip the SCR, thus making it fire for the purpose it's there for?

Hopefully the answers you post will be more detailed than: "It depends",
"Maybe", or "Yes and  No".

Bob M.
======