On Sun, 4 Jan 2009, skipp025 wrote:
> Reads like my love-hate relationship with Spectrum. The power supplies
> in their repeaters were not so well designed and their transmitters
> had some known issues with the wrong type of non-rf rated caps in the
> final section.

Color me ignorant, but what is an RF-rated capacitor? I am familiar with
inductors, resistors and so on, but was unaware there is a specific
series or type of capacitor that should be used for RF circuits. I can
understand being aware of breakdown voltages that are present in high
SWR conditions.

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <k...@catonic.us>
But remember, with no superpowers comes no responsibility.