When you are plugging an RJ45 connector into the MIC jack, the tab will either
be on the right or on the bottom. If it's on the right, the uppermost pin is
#1. If the tab is on the bottom, the rightmost pin is #1. If the MIC jack is
oriented some other way, make the appropriate adjustments. Note that this pin
numbering may not match any other cable you have, but that's the way Motorola
numbers them for a lot of their radios and the pin numbers given below
correspond to this orientation.

Ground is pin 4. The programming line is pin 7. Those are the only two wires
you need for programming purposes. If you crimped all 8 wires into the RJ45
connector, check the other wires at the other end of the cable and make sure
they're all clearly insulated and not attached to anything.

Also, make sure you connect the cable to the RIB and power up the RIB before
plugging the RJ45 connector into the radio. The radio can be turned on before
or after you plug the RIB cable into it.

Bob M.
======