>From your description, it sounds like the programming plug is wired
backwards, or else it is not compatible with the M1225.  When you are
looking at the business end of the programming cable, with the tab down, pin
1 will be on your left.  Ensure that the SCI data goes to pin 7 using the
above wiring plan, which may differ from what Polaris says it is.  The cable
diagram on Batlabs is correct, but it is not very clear that the ground lead
goes to pin 4 and the Bus + lead goes to pin 7.

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY

-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jeff Clark
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2009 6:23 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] M1225 programming problem

Hope this is the correct group for this kind of question. I'm trying
to program two M1225 UHF mobiles with a Polaris PA-II rib and a cable
assembled per the batlabs cable page (listed same as GM300). I've
checked and double checked the connections on both ends and made sure
the tab on the RJ45 end is oriented according to the diagram, but
when I plug it in to the mic jack and turn on the rib, the radio keys
up and stays keyed until I kill the power or pull the plug.

I've tried this on both radios with the same result, and I've
programmed my P1225s with the same rib, so I'm wondering if the
pinout on the RJ45 jack is wrong. Are there additional pinouts beside
the one listed on the batlabs page?

thanks,

--jeff, kf6bkg