Greetings all,

I normally maintain a couple of 'out-of-the-box' (Kendecom) repeaters, but
recently I've been asked to help out with another system that is homebrewed
from Micors.  It consists of 4 Micors (TX on 2 meters, RX on 2 meters, TX on
440 and RX on 440) linked with a CAT-500 and a set of homebrew controls.

Lately, the 2 meter RX has become intermittent.  For a while, I'd been able
to either wiggle the plug on the front of the receiver or give the receiver
a good whack and it'd come back to life, but lately it's become more and
more obstinate.  A couple of weeks ago, I brought the RX back to my shop and
pulled all the boards, cleaned the pins and did my best to look for obvious
problems.  I really didn't see anything wrong, but when I reinstalled the
RX, it work fine and I thought (after it ran for a couple of weeks) I must
have fixed it.  (I have no way of running it on the bench... so it was just
a plug-and-pray fix.)

Unfortunately, it crapped out again a couple of days ago, and this time
reseating the plug and banging had no effect.  One thing I did notice that
I'd not seen before (it's hard to access the rear of the repeater) is that
the plug (on the harness) is missing a piece of plastic surrounding the
three pins nearest the hinged side of the handle.  I haven't had time to
pull up the drawings yet to see what those pins are, but I suspect that may
be at the heart of my problem.

At any rate, I'd like to be able to run this beast on my bench.  Where can I
come up with a harness and control, and what (if any) additional hardware
would I need to be able to get this thing hooked up?

Second, IF the harness plug IS the problem, what's the best course of
action?  Changing the plug looks like a real bugger.  I haven't traced it up
to the homebrew controls yet, so I'm not sure how difficult it'd be to swap
out the entire harness (if I had one), but either way doesn't look like much
fun.

73,

Mike
WM4B