> RAMSEY KITS has a unit that is supposed to work from commands via your
> telephone touch pad.  It’s about $39.   You call the unit up, touch the
> phone keys, and the dtmf commands can turn on and off devices plugged
> into it.  I wonder could this be converted to work on the input of a
> recvr, accessed by PL tone, etc to turn ON and OFF a power supply,
> controller, etc?  If you find out…LET ME KNOW.  ’73, Mike

I'm not familiar with that specific kit, but I suspect it could be
interfaced to receiver audio output instead of a phone line. It
could probably be used for what you want. There are other DTMF
decoder units around also.

For my application I'm wondering about how to interface the DTMF
decoder output to permanently kill power to a site. I'm thinking I
want to have it do something like deliberately blow a fuse... but
maybe there are better ways to handle it.

Paul N1BUG

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: