From: "mwbese...@cox.net" <mwbese...@cox.net>
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, May 4, 2009 8:54:15 AM
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] 440 Repeater Project

"§97.119 Station identification.

(c) One or more indicators may be included with the call sign. Each indicator
must be separated from the call sign by the slant mark (/) or by any suitable
word that denotes the slant mark. If an indicator is self-assigned, it must be
included before, after, or both before and after, the call sign. No
self-assigned indicator may conflict with any other indicator specified by the
FCC Rules or with any prefix assigned to another country."

/R is a self-assigned indicator and 'R' is assigned by ITU to Russia.

Mike
WM4B

P.S.  There are a LOT of repeaters out there still signing /R.

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 8:52 AM , Mike Pugh wrote:

Mike Besemer (WM4B) wrote:

> Actually, the /R is not ALLOWED by FCC rules any longer.

This is interesting, can you show us where in the rules this is?