From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Paul Plack
Sent: Monday, May 04, 2009 9:40 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] 440 Repeater Project

Larry,

I hear ya, and this is probably what the folks who consider this vague and
unenforceable refer to.

I'm sure we'll be hearing "/R" for years to come. In fact, before it goes
out of use, I expect to start hearing new Technician-class licensees start
asking on-air, "Hey...what's that wierd beeping noise I keep hearing about
every ten minutes?"

My comment on 10-codes was only to suggest the FCC would have many layers of
other priorities to wade through before getting to "/R" on repeaters, not to
suggest that you condone ciphers.

And...thanks for taking this in the spirit of friendly debate in which it
was intended. ;^)

73,

Paul, AE4KR