Adding to what Eric has said, ldf4-50 (and ldf5-50) can be had cheaply,
cheaper than new lmr-400.  Keep your eyes open and you'll find stuff.
I went on a scavenging spree for my VHF weak-signal stuff; the best
deal I got was 65 feet of LDF5-50 for $50.  Next spring when I unrolled
it, it was 130 feet, making for about .38 a foot.  That was a great deal,
with ldf5-50 more normally going for $1 - $2 a foot.  LDF4-50 is cheaper
yet, at about $1 a foot when you find a good price.

Connectors for ldf4-50 were about  $8 from a couple of folks in the
flea market at Dayton, so with a little digging you can find those, too.

--STeve Andre'
wb8wsf  en82