Hi all,

In tuning the reject for a wp-639, how far should I expect to move the
invar rods to find the notch?

In tuning mine (the poor man's way - system on the air receiving a  weak
station) I didn't find a definite place I"d call a null.  There was more
noise on the signal with the rod pushed most of the way in and less
noise with the rod most of the way out, but it was a gradual change.  I
expected to find it noisy with the rod mostly in, noisy with the rod
mostly out and at some point in between a quieter spot.

SO my question is, should I hear a definite "noisey-quiet-noisey"
pattern as I move the rods and if so, over how much motion of the rods
is it likely to fall?  An inch? Half-inch? Three inches?  Or would that
pattern only be noticeable with "the right equipment."

(Some background - the duplexer is from an uncertain origin, but it has
a factory sticker saying 146.97 - 146.37 with the ports marked "high
input" and "low input."  I'm using it on 146.88/28 so it shouldn't be an
"upside-down" issue.)

Thanks for any info!

rj