From: "Dan Blasberg" <ka8...@verizon.net>
To: <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 25, 2009 11:37 PM
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Closed Repeaters

Since when is Amateur radio use predicated on Emergency
Communications?  That is not the ONLY reason for Amateur Radio (well,
maybe in your world).  My reason for Amateur Radio is far from EmComm
and Providing a service "when all else fails."  Though I do support
ARES and RACES, I do a lot of other things that are Amateur Radio
related, to include contesting and Satellite Contacts.

EMCOMM IS NOT THE ONLY REASON FOR AMATEUR RADIO.

Dan
KA8YPY

On Jul 25, 2009, at 11:24 PM, Dave E Stephens Sr wrote:

> sounds a bit petty to me.
>
> you know, the last time i checked, we were all here to provide
> emergency communications when needed. not to get out there and form
> clicks. i have had repeaters before and it cost me money, money i
> didnt really have.
>
> if you alone want to put up a repeater, then you pay to do so. if
> you cant afford it, then dont. why should anyone else pay for your
> hobby.
>
> either way, just remember (and it seems that there are to many
> people out there that have forgotten) we are here for one reason,
> and one reason alone... to provide a service to others when all else
> fail.
>
> Dave Stephens Sr
> KF6WJA
> Grants Pass Oregon