I know the frustration your dealing with.  When you did your RF tests, were you
keying the XMTR. thru the local mic. or with the rcvr. disabled, or were you in
the full rpt. mode and using another radio (HT) or low power signal source?  My
problems only showed up in the full rpt. mode, after i had checked everthing
else in the rpt. disabled mode and everthing look great as far as forward and
reflected power, etc.   Any way LOL again on locating the glitch.

Doug  N3DAB