Rubber tape is good for high-vibration environments, where the insulation could
get rubbed off over time. The rubber would get worn down before the insulation.
Apply cloth tape over it to keep rubber from dripping off in high heat.

Cloth tape is good for higher temps (won't stretch like plastic), and you can
tie it in knots :) BUT, cloth tape attracts moisture!

Cloth tape is good for base-ball bats! :)

I like Super 88 and 33+, depending on the application. 77 is the cheaper stuff
I use to tape wires together and pull through conduit.

73, KD6AAJ