If you can get a hold of the 'real' F-4 tape that the Air Force uses, it
will not leave any type of mess behind and it is not affected by UV
rays.  I've seen stuff exposed to sunlight for years and it was fine.  A
sharp knife or razor blade applied longitudinally will split it open and
allow you to peel it off completely, leaving no residue whatsoever.  The
only thing it sticks to is itself.

Mike
WM4B