On Thursday 12 November 2009 07:34:08 n0fpe wrote:
> One thing to remember. Amatuers are NOT authorized to use ACSSB above 30mhz.
> Please check part 97 for the exact "modes" we are able to use.
> heck if we were there would be tons of ACSSB repeaters already modified into
> the ham band.

No, thats not true.  There are ARRL publications on acssb; at one
point it was seen as a complement to FM repeaters, being able to
fit inbetween the 20KHz spaced channels of repeaters.  I'm not
sure that was ever workable, but there was some effort (by amrad?)
to disperse acssb equipment on 2m and maybe higher bands.

--STeve Andre'
wb8wsf  en82