> "Chuck Kelsey" <wb2...@...> wrote:
> FYI - Sinclair got the extra bandwidth by stager tuning
> the antenna element from the 1/4-wave matching transformer
> that is inside the element. The trade-off was a decrease
> in return loss (higher VSWR).
> Chuck
> WB2EDV

Maybe... maybe not.  I swept one just a short time back and
the return loss was about 15.6 dB, which makes it a very nice
usable animal.

I've also had one in parts and the matching coax length was
what I would have expected. Somewhere in my notes I have all
the construction information recorded like I did on the Decibel
Antennas...

I've got a Decibel Loop at the old shop somewhere... if I can
easily get it up high enough to throw a sweep on it I can
report the results back.

I'll have another HP Digital Sender (auto feed pdf scanner) on
line within the month... then you'll have more information to
chew over.

cheers,
s.