The low-band loop from Sinclair (SRL 110) was not nearly as wide band as
the Hi band (SRL210) and UHF models (SRL310).  The latter were designed
to be mounted either half wave or quarter wave from the tower or mast.
In the case of the low band loop a half wave would have put the loop 10
ft from the mast, which would be structually unsound.  The SRL110 were
normally mounted about 3 ft or so from the mast which is 1/8 wave.  This
would result in a lower impedance (<200 ohms loop impedance)  requiring
93 ohm coax as an internal matching transformer (the SRL210 and 310
series use 125 ohm matching coax).  It also would be much more sensitive
to spacing from the mast or tower.

At least that has been my experience with the low band loops.

Burt  VE2BMQ