Hi Stranger,

> "rfburnz" <rfpo...@...> wrote:
> Having used the DB-212 for a 6M repeater project, I can assure
> you they work extremely well (unless you are on a rf noisy
> hilltop like I was (emphasize WAS!)

I measured about 11 dB of 53MHz desense at what I believe is the
site you're talking about, which is better than the measured 13dB
desense down at 42MHz. Although it's not great, it is quite usable.
Let's put your six meter box back on the air... or do your ten
meter box...

> This is because they have more metal hanging out there to
> capture signals (half wave) but more important they are a
> side mtd antenna withe a cardioid pattern.

I'm a strong believer in having more antenna real estate to
improve what I informally call the available antenna surface
area target, which gets even more important as the frequency
gets into the UHF band (rises).

A side mounted antenna will probably never be a true omni pattern
and the cardioid pattern can be used to null problems and/or
enhance coverage areas (the obvious).

> Well, before someone pipes in, yes, for omnidirectional
> coverage you need two or four or, if you have LOTS of tower
> space, combine SIX of them like the 6M repeater in  Nixa,
> MO that I posted info on recently.

I'm using modified Kreco and Sinclair SD-110 Antennas.

> Here's a link to modification instructions on both the
> DB-201 and DB-212
> http://www.xanaduu.com/db201/

Interesting... thanks. I just drew out the information for the
70 MHz Decibel Folded Dipole. I have to get that scanned into
pdf to make it available but it will get done.

> OT = If someone knows where a 37 MHz DB antenna might be
> available please let me know, thanks
> W6MTF

I'm letting you know... you're overdue for a visit anyway.
Email me direct when you get a spare moment.

skipp