    Posted by: "JOHN MACKEY" jmac...@usa.net jmackey_usa_net
    Date: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:49 pm ((PST))

I have a odd situation where I need to run long audio cables between my
repeater controller and two repeaters.  In this case, the repeater
controller
will be connected to 2 repeaters in the same cabinette.  The other two
repeaters will connected thru about 140 feet of wiring to the other side of
building.  I am thinking of using balanced audio wires for the long runs and
using Henry Engineeering boxes to convert between balanced/un-balanced at
each
end.

Anyone ever done long audio runs like this?  Am I over engineering it and
unbalanced will be good enough?

I use the Henry Engineering boxes for several audio conversions in
broadcasting, here is a link for what they are:

http://www.henryeng.com/matchbox.html