Then it's not COR [Carrier Operated Relay].
It would be RUS [Receiver UnSquelch].

And running any voice station strictly on PL/DPL is a bad idea.
PL [CTCSS] is prone to falsing if it isn't AND'ed with carrier detect.
I have to figure that DPL is better, but random energy from the 'hiss' has got
to false the decoder once in a while.

BTW, my agency uses the same 2 PL tones across the state, whether high RF site
or not.

And the majority of 440 ham repeaters in my area use the SAME 100.0 Hz tone for
access.

So, unless you have some desire to restrict who can access your repeater [since
some radios WON'T do DPL], then my recommendation is PL. But stay away from
179.9 Hz, as that can be falsed by the third harmonic of the mains. And choose
one that's neither at the top nor bottom of the list.

WalterH