From:   Joe [mailto:k1ike_m...@snet.net]
Sent:   Saturday, March 27, 2010 06:59 PM Eastern Standard Time
To:     Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject:        Re: [Repeater-Builder] Outdoor Pole or Wall Repeater Cabinet -
Weather Resistant

When I worked in the paging business we had a couple of outdoor Motorola
cabinets that worked OK.  Maybe you can find one from someone still in
the business.  I've got one in the garage, but I want it.

The other thought would be to stay inside the shelter and connect an
outdoor source of air to a sealed cabinet.  Kind of a clothes dryer vent
in reverse.  That way you can bring in fresh air and pressurize the
cabinet to keep the acidic air out of the cabinet.

73, Joe, K1ike

On 3/27/2010 8:55 AM, kg2bv wrote:
> Our Club (www.CNYARA.com)is in need of a weather resistant Repeater Cabinet
> that will house our 2-Meter Repeater, to include all of the equipment
> necessary (Duplexers, Power Supply, etc) to operate.  We currently have a
> nice interior cabinet, however it has been determined that it is in our best
> interest to move the Repeater outside of the structure.  We are mounting on a
> Farm Silo&  the grain creates an acetic atmosphere that plays hell on
> electronics.
>
> I looked these cabinets up commercially and on eBay and they are extremely
> expensive.
>
> Any idea's?
>
> 73,
>
> Tony, KG2BV
> kg...@yahoo.com

Since 1974, the award-winning Alpert JFCS has helped families of all faiths
throughout most of Palm Beach County, FL, via counseling, seniors services,
residences for the disabled, mentoring children, support groups and a lot more.

SOLUTIONS FOR LIVING
www.JFCSonline.com

Please take note of our new website and E-Mail Addresses. Please update your
contacts ASAP.

.

NOTICE:

This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it are intended solely
for the use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged and
confidential information. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to
distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify
the sender immediately by replying to this message and please delete it from
your computer.