The building has a steel support structure, I'm sure. You will need to bond to
that as a start.

Bill

________________________________
From: Eric Lemmon <wb6...@verizon.net>
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, August 17, 2010 11:30:03 PM
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Polyphaser Question

Ray,

I suggest that you obtain the most recent edition (2011) of NFPA 780, the
Standard for the Installation of Lightning Protection Systems, and install a
proper lightning protection system for your antenna and mast per that
document.  It can be purchased for about $40, but you might find a copy in a
municipal library.

Please be aware that installing an antenna atop a building that has no
lightning protection system installed may impose liability on you, if the
antenna is not protected by a proper system and a fire or other damage
occurs due to a lightning strike.  In some landmark cases, the insurance
company declined to pay for damages resulting from a poorly-designed and/or
-installed LP system.  Choose wisely...

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY