From: Andrew Seybold
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2010 9:16 PM
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Seeking emergency system design help

Bill one of the losses if a County fire department system which has 6
simulcast repeaters( 150 MHz) operating on wide-band with about 85% coverage
of the County, and we put in three new channels (after almost 2 years of
coordination and finding the correct channels), we put them up using the
same sights and same output (50 watts erp) and using the same antennas—the
new 3 channels under talk the existing wide-band systems by at least 30
percent. We are in the process of adding 2 new sites to make up the
difference.

I am  glad that you did not have a problem but this is just one of several
which I have had a problem with, and I have become a believer in lost
coverage, I have yet to see a system that has not lost coverage, I am glad
that you have.

Andy