I would like to add that the kms_swrast is now working already with
softpipe so if understood correctly the gist from Mauro's email the
problems were with swrast and not specifically llvmpipe.

However, all the kms_swrast related patches are not yet in mesa3d
upstream so that might make things a bit harder. The patches are in our
fork that is used with the Replicant 9 work.

Joonas Kylmälä: