On Thu, 20 Apr 2023 20:57:19 +0100 J05HYYY via Replicant wrote:

> To make just the boot image:
>
> ./vendor/replicant/build-toolchain
> . build/envsetup.sh
> lunch replicant_i9305-userdebug
> make -j1 bootimage

Thanks a lot!

Is there any particular reason to use '-j1' instead of utilizing the
full potential of a multicore CPU?

Also: when I build just the boot.img, how will that work with signing?

I don't quite understand the full details of the generation of the
signing keys and the actual signing process for which I asked in a
separate thread here on the mailing list ("How to sign at the end of
the build process?") and hope for an answer. I am mentioning it because
it is related.

IIUC, signing a method to ensure file authenticity and system integrity.
Currently, on the devices I have installed Replicant images which I
downloaded from the website. I suppose they have their own signatures
built-in. Now, when I build boot.img myself - wouldn't that be signed
with some other, different key, thus conflicting the signatures of the
already installed system? I don't understand the process and there is
no documentation, so I hope you or someone else can clarify how to
approach that correctly.