Tim Anderson wrote:

From a tool perspective, it can unambiguously locate a project
when given inputs of:
 "org.apache"  -> must replace "." with "/" before performing lookup
 "org/apache"
 "oracle"

The implication of this is that generic tools can't parse the URI
and determine what is part of the product-specifier and what is
part of the version-specifier.

However, I don't think this is unreasonable. There is no requirement
that tools be able to parse URIs to extract meta-data.

-Tim

I think easing the job for tools is a good goal.

We must support both Humans and Tools. I would favor Humans. But both humans and tools will have problems when some orginzation decides its project name is Beta or nightly, etc

I think we should consider  not allowing / in many of the parts.

R,
Nick