When we talk about distributed Maven repositories, ASF repositories etc
that are related to "Java". I think we should consider that CPAN/CRAN
etc are models of distributing such content that have been successful.
Given that, I started to research the existence of a CJAN project, and
of course, immediately found:

http://www.cjan.org/

Ultimately, I wonder how much "larger" than Apache re such efforts as
this? We should seriously consider establishing a "standards" community
to establish supporting efforts such as this.

CJAN been hard at work with alot of "documentation effort". What are
individuals thoughts on this project and its model?

http://sourceforge.net/docman/?group_id=41872

I think its important to maintain that its not impossible to attract
multiple groups/organizations to such an effort.

--
Mark R. Diggory
Software Developer - VDC Project