On 4 March 2010 22:02, Kevin Kalupson <b...@bugs.repoze.org> wrote:
> I wouldn't expect the the xml headers in a macro template to be applied to the
> page template being rendered.  It makes no sense to me that an element not
> contained within a macro definition would be applied to the page calling the
> macro under any situation.

I sort of agree, except how else would we provide this functionality?
Or is it actually the case that it doesn't make sense for a macro to
control these headers –– I suspect it is.

Plone's answer to this is to have its wrapper template manually write
out the XML declaration or maybe just the DOCTYPE. That seems kind of
crude as well.

\malthe