On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 12:09 -0600, Remi Broemeling wrote:
> Hi, Erik.  I'd like to know when you have the development underway and
> can use a hand as well.  I'd like to help, and if I might add a feature
> request; I'd personally like to see a strong separation between the data
> and I/O portions of revelation and the GUI front-end... then I could
> make a console front-end while utilizing the same data backend (and not
> have it pull in any Gnome/X11 dependencies).

Yep - the reason why it doesn't work right now is that we are using a
gtk.TreeStore subclass to store the accounts, and importing gtk requires
there to be a DISPLAY set. But this seems to have been fixed in pygtk
2.10 (which Revelation 0.5.0 will depend on in any case), so it should
be a non-issue.

> Please let me know when you've got an initial start in place and need
> some help!

Will do, thanks! I've only just started on the basic interface, and
progress might be slow as I don't have alot of spare time for hacking,
and I'm trying to do it "right" this time with writing unit tests etc
for everything.

--
Erik Grinaker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://erikg.codepoet.no/