Hi guys,

I'm hoping to create a sample extension for this in time, but honestly, there's
work that still needs to be done for this. The extension support we added is
intended to be experimental and incomplete, and we'll be adding to it over
time. I imagine we'll start to make custom fields work well in an early 1.7.x,
but I don't have a date for you right now, as there are things we have to get
to before we can do this well.

Christian