I'm sorry it's proving to be a complicated tool for your usage... That's
definitely not our goal, though this is the first time we've had a request
to support Kerberos with Subversion. Just not a common setup. Most use SSH
keys or username/password for authentication, and have no problem getting
set up with that.

Production servers shouldn't use SQLite, just development servers. So you'd
essentially be standing up a separate database/instance for the
development, and once there's support working there, the patched build can
be deployed to production.

The reason you wouldn't share the same database between the two is that the
production database is expecting to be a production setup, and not a
development environment setup. The two are not readily compatible for a few
important reasons. (You can make it work, but it requires some stuff that I
don't want to put you through.)

So, maybe it's not worth you getting a full-on dev environment going for
now. Since this is proving to be problematic, and what you really want is
to be testing against your production server (which I gather nobody else is
really using), I think what you should do is keep the MySQL setup but edit
the files for the installed Python package for Review Board.

If you were to continue with the development environment, you'd want to run
./contrib/internal/prepare-dev.py to generate the settings_local.py file.
(See
https://www.reviewboard.org/docs/codebase/dev/getting-started/#review-board).
The file would set up the SQLite database and other information as well.

You would also need to be working off of the release-2.5.x branch for
Review Board, and release-0.9.x for Djblets.

I know this is all getting more complicated than you like at this point,
which is why I think it might be worth stepping back and editing the
production files to get started, if the production server's not being used
by people yet.

I've been trying to research what's needed for Kerberos support, and
nothing's been all that helpful. A handful of people have discussed
Subversion and Kerberos without talking about how it's integrated or how
you authenticate against it. If I could find something informative about
this, I'd be happy to help get a patch going for your production setup.

Just to check, is there any way you can have a standard username/password
for your Subversion server that Review Board can talk to instead? Or is
Kerberos a strict requirement?

Christian Hammond