Steve Carlin has posted comments on this change. ( 
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24229 )

Change subject: IMPALA-14916/IMPALA-14113: Display Calcite plan in EXPLAIN 
output
......................................................................


Patch Set 1: Code-Review+1

(2 comments)

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24229/1/common/thrift/Query.thrift
File common/thrift/Query.thrift:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24229/1/common/thrift/Query.thrift@822
PS1, Line 822:   202: optional bool enable_explain_calcite = false;
I wonder how much this breaks if we set the default to true.  This doesn't 
cause any changes if the Calcite planner is off.

Also, I know we've talked about it offline, but maybe we should keep this 
option, but only display it for explain level 2 or greater?

No strong opinions on this though.  I'm also ok with keeping as/is.


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24229/1/java/calcite-planner/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/calcite/service/CalciteSingleNodePlanner.java
File 
java/calcite-planner/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/calcite/service/CalciteSingleNodePlanner.java:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24229/1/java/calcite-planner/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/calcite/service/CalciteSingleNodePlanner.java@60
PS1, Line 60:   private RelNode finalPlan;
Nit: add _ at the end.



--
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24229
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings

Gerrit-Project: Impala-ASF
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: Iec51e2b4315e95020e1826acfa477aaea4c45601
Gerrit-Change-Number: 24229
Gerrit-PatchSet: 1
Gerrit-Owner: Stamatis Zampetakis <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Impala Public Jenkins <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Steve Carlin <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Tue, 19 May 2026 17:55:43 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: Yes

Reply via email to