Steve Carlin has posted comments on this change. ( 
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24257 )

Change subject: IMPALA-14940: Calcite planner: handle broadcast and shuffle 
hints.
......................................................................


Patch Set 8:

(4 comments)

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24257/8/java/calcite-planner/src/main/codegen/templates/Parser.jj
File java/calcite-planner/src/main/codegen/templates/Parser.jj:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24257/8/java/calcite-planner/src/main/codegen/templates/Parser.jj@1973
PS8, Line 1973:       <HINT_BEG> AddHint(hints) ( <COMMA> AddHint(hints) )* 
<COMMENT_END>
> The hint does not have to be lost - Calcite has a second place to hang hint
ack


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24257/8/java/calcite-planner/src/main/codegen/templates/Parser.jj@2094
PS8, Line 2094:             if (joinType.getValueAs(JoinType.class) == 
JoinType.INNER
> Checked PS8: natural comes from Natural(), which always returns a boolean l
Ack


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24257/8/java/calcite-planner/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/calcite/rules/ImpalaCoreRules.java
File 
java/calcite-planner/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/calcite/rules/ImpalaCoreRules.java:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24257/8/java/calcite-planner/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/calcite/rules/ImpalaCoreRules.java@231
PS8, Line 231:      .hintStrategy("shuffle", 
HintStrategy.builder(HintPredicates.JOIN)
> A question, and I may be missing something here: shuffle and broadcast are
Yup.  That was deliberate and was the reason join ordering was skipped.  I 
placed a comment in the commit as you suggested.


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24257/8/testdata/workloads/functional-query/queries/QueryTest/calcite.test
File testdata/workloads/functional-query/queries/QueryTest/calcite.test:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24257/8/testdata/workloads/functional-query/queries/QueryTest/calcite.test@1381
PS8, Line 1381: #Test cross-join syntax
> Nits, take or leave:
Removed the extra TYPES section.

I try to keep the calcite.test for essential tests. It's a little bit random as 
to what I choose, but I felt one test here was needed.

And as you mentioned: If it's in the full test suite, it will eventually be 
tested when this gets turned on.



--
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24257
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings

Gerrit-Project: Impala-ASF
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: Ie5a932cc09d3d370aa627228d0e226a92fa03168
Gerrit-Change-Number: 24257
Gerrit-PatchSet: 8
Gerrit-Owner: Steve Carlin <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Aleksandr Efimov <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Aman Sinha <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Impala Public Jenkins <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Jason Fehr <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Joe McDonnell <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Michael Smith <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Quanlong Huang <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Steve Carlin <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Xuebin Su <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2026 20:15:59 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: Yes

Reply via email to