Csaba Ringhofer has posted comments on this change. ( 
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24940 )

Change subject: IMPALA-11917: Upgrade to GCC 15 and LLVM 22
......................................................................


Patch Set 18: Code-Review+1

(2 comments)

thx for the ptr cleanup!
lgtm in general, 2 comments about changes I don't understand

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24940/15/be/src/codegen/llvm-codegen.h
File be/src/codegen/llvm-codegen.h:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24940/15/be/src/codegen/llvm-codegen.h@102
PS15, Line 102: pe == TYPE_DECIMAL && col_type.GetByte
> There are two different issues, and I've cleaned up some of the misleading
I don't get going down to align(1) - if this is needed, would it apply to all 
types, not just decimal? My assumption was that this is specifically about 
anyval, that can't be in a tuple, so align(8) can be assumed.


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24940/18/be/src/exprs/scalar-fn-call.cc
File be/src/exprs/scalar-fn-call.cc:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24940/18/be/src/exprs/scalar-fn-call.cc@344
PS18, Line 344:       if (col_type == TYPE_BOOLEAN or col_type == TYPE_TINYINT
I am trying to understand this change - why was it possible to remove the 
different arg handling on arm vs x86_64?



--
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24940
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings

Gerrit-Project: Impala-ASF
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: I7dda730fa98ebe3825969265627a560b0c3095f9
Gerrit-Change-Number: 24940
Gerrit-PatchSet: 18
Gerrit-Owner: Michael Smith <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Balazs Hevele <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Csaba Ringhofer <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Impala Public Jenkins <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Joe McDonnell <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Laszlo Gaal <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Michael Smith <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2026 10:59:47 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: Yes

Reply via email to