Michael Smith has posted comments on this change. ( 
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24940 )

Change subject: IMPALA-11917: Upgrade to GCC 15 and LLVM 22
......................................................................


Patch Set 18:

(2 comments)

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24940/15/be/src/codegen/llvm-codegen.h
File be/src/codegen/llvm-codegen.h:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24940/15/be/src/codegen/llvm-codegen.h@102
PS15, Line 102: pe == TYPE_DECIMAL && col_type.GetByte
> I don't get going down to align(1) - if this is needed, would it apply to a
I'll look into this more; presumably align(8) and align(1) result in producing 
the same generated code, but you're right that it would make sense to set 
align(1) for everything if my explanation is true.


http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24940/18/be/src/exprs/scalar-fn-call.cc
File be/src/exprs/scalar-fn-call.cc:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24940/18/be/src/exprs/scalar-fn-call.cc@344
PS18, Line 344:       if (col_type == TYPE_BOOLEAN or col_type == TYPE_TINYINT
> I am trying to understand this change - why was it possible to remove the d
Getting rid of typed pointers allowed cleaning up the control flow a bit. I 
believe the VARARGS_BUFFER_ALIGNMENT is related to possible code generation of 
vector instructions operating on 16-bytes at a time (related to DecimalVal), 
which became more common on x86_64 with this update. However I don't feel like 
I fully understand it yet, including why the original aarch64 code needed this.



--
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24940
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings

Gerrit-Project: Impala-ASF
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: I7dda730fa98ebe3825969265627a560b0c3095f9
Gerrit-Change-Number: 24940
Gerrit-PatchSet: 18
Gerrit-Owner: Michael Smith <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Balazs Hevele <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Csaba Ringhofer <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Impala Public Jenkins <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Joe McDonnell <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Laszlo Gaal <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Michael Smith <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2026 19:47:33 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: Yes

Reply via email to