On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 09:52:13AM -0500, Eric-Olivier Lamey alleged:

Just copy taroon's comps.xml to your new arch/RedHat/base/ directory.
I used it without modification.

I can't find anyplace where the comps.rpm is actually used.  It
certainly doesn't seem to be required for installation.  I just copied
the new rpm to arch/RedHat/base and re-ran pkgorder and genhdlist.

> > Then build rpmdb-redhat as root after fixing the spec file.
> > I put this
> > in root's .rpmmacros:
> > %define rpmdbname   redhat
> > %define rpmdbversion  3.0AS
> > %define rpmdbtree  /home/garrick/rhe3
>
>   Once again: then what ? :) What do I do with the built rpm ?
>
>   Thanks a lot for your help. Have a nice day.
>
>   Isn't there an anaconda how-to for RHEL 3 somewhere ?

Then copy the new rpm to arch/RedHat/base/ and run pkgorder and
genhdlist.

*Disclaimer*  I'm not an expert in rebuilding RH.  I'm just related my
own experiences after doing this for my first time last week.

University of Southern California