From: rhelv5-list-boun...@redhat.com [mailto:rhelv5-list-boun...@redhat.com] On
Behalf Of Greg Swift
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 3:17 PM
To: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (Tikanga) discussion mailing-list
Subject: Re: [rhelv5-list] Bugzilla

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 16:53, Florez, Nestor
<nflo...@sdcwa.org<mailto:nflo...@sdcwa.org>> wrote:
I tried installing it from EPEL from the DAG from atrpms
But then I have to install so many perl modules and
One point or another I get errors and you find an answer
on the internet but it does not work and then you find out
that other people are having problems with it in RHEL.

I wish I could install bugzilla, apparently it install without
any problems on ubuntu.

I found a bugtracker call eventum from mysql and I installed
it without any problems and it t is working.

your experience concerns me, as I'm sure it would concern the bugzilla EPEL
maintainer.

To install bugzilla I performed the same steps as are listed here:

http://www.kevin-deleon.com/2010/07/tutorial-installing-bugzilla-on-fedora-11-centos-5/

except I used chkconfig <service> on instead of ntsysv and the comment about
the missing apache config isn't even true, because the bugzilla package
provides that config.

Then you browse to http://server/bugzilla and voila...

So what are the issues you had?  are there any bugs filed w/ EPEL about the
issue?