Understand.  However, in our enterprise, it might have the opposite outcome.

Many application development groups have standardized on Oracle 11i Apps with
Oracle DB.  They don't necessarily care if the OS is RHEL, SUSE, Solaris, etc.
They just need it to run reliably and have a good support SLA from the vendor.

I'm no longer involved in the IT organization which has to support Linux
internally, but I imagine the OS team will be requested to support an
alternative enterprise OS in order to continue running Oracle DB + 11i.  Once
that becomes an internal "standard", I'm sure the next step might be to
evaluate why we need two different enterprise Linux distributions.  You can see
where I'm going with that….  :-(

/Brian/
--
       Brian Long                             |       |
       Corporate Security Programs Org    . | | | . | | | .