Hi,

IF we use the multipath, and few of the multipath disks are scanned along with
the
hard dirve and rest are removed ..Do you think it is correct?

There are several nos. of multipath luns are being used for oracle rac..The
path is being
set as follows:

(1) filter = [ "a|/dev/cciss|", "a^/dev/mpath/mpath1$|",
"a|^/dev/mpath/mpath4$|", "r|.*|" ]

Previously the path was set  as:

(2) filter = [ "a|/dev/cciss|", "r/sd.*/", "a/.*/" ]

In (2)  all the scsi devices  are removed for scan , and all other devices are
considered. Which
I personally think , correct way of scanning..

I am not very much comfortable for the (1)  filter.  Somehow I feel this filter
will create
issues in the long run.

Pl. advice.

Thanks in advance