Hi There

I am researching self-hosted alternatives to S3, and found Riak CS.
Setup was OK, and I currently can access the server fine with s3cmd

Unfortunately I cannot make it work with AWS SDK PHP version 3, since it
uses signature version 4.

I have done lots of trial and error, using PHP
define('AWS_KEY', 'xxx');
define('AWS_SECRET_KEY', 'xxx');
$client = new S3Client([
    'credentials' => [
        'key'    => AWS_KEY,
        'secret' => AWS_SECRET_KEY
    ],
    'region' => 'local',
    'version' => '2006-03-01',
    'endpoint' => '172.xx.x.xx:8080',
//    'signature_version' => 'v4'
]);

signature_version can only be v4 or anonymous.

What is the expectation with v4 requests?

I did find the option, auth_v4_enabled:
root@riaks2:/etc/riak-cs# cat advanced.config
[
 {riak_cs, [
%%    {auth_v4_enabled, true}
  ]}
].

but it ends up in error 500
""<h1>Internal Server Error</h1>""

Do I need more configuration, or is it not ready.

root@riaks2:/etc/riak-cs# lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release:        14.04
Codename:       trusty
root@riaks2:/etc/riak-cs# dpkg -l | egrep "riak|stanchion"
ii  riak                                2.0.5-1
 amd64        Riak is a distributed data store
ii  riak-cs                             2.0.1-1
 amd64        Riak CS
ii  stanchion                           2.0.0-1
 amd64        Request Serialization Application

Best regards

Henrik
--
Henrik Lund Kramshøj, Follower of the Great Way of Unix
internet samurai cand.scient CISSP