Henrik,
Thank you for trying Riak CS. Besides, current status of v4
authentication is not yet GA, not all features implemented, and only
partially tested with boto (Python AWS library). I'm not sure what's
going on in your cluster, but can you find any error or warning logs
simaltenously happning your 500?

Kota UENISHI / @kuenishi
Basho Japan KK