Hey Pete,

That's an interesting situation that leads me to think its a Windows
Vagrant consideration, given that everything runs on OS X. Is your
Dockerfile in a place we could see it and/or run it?

FWIW, Hector has a project that works well. Maybe you can reference
his setup [0]. I'd also welcome a cross-post to StackOverflow in case
its a common Windows + Vagrant issue that our community may miss [1].

[0] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/riak
[1] https://github.com/hectcastro/vagrant-multi-docker-riak

Matt Brender | Developer Advocacy Lead
Basho Technologies