Hi,

I want to make small update. Jon your hint about problems on sender side is
correct. As I've already told there problems with available resources on
sender nodes. There are no enough available RAM which is a cause of
swapiness and load on disks. Restarting of sender nodes helps me (at least
temoprarily).

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 12:19 PM Vladyslav Zakhozhai <
v.zakhoz...@smartweb.com.ua> wrote:

> [...]
> situation is the same.
>

> On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 4:06 PM Jon Meredith <jmered...@basho.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Handoff problems without obvious disk issues can be due to the database
>> containing large objects.  Do you frequently update objects in CS, and if
>> so have you had garbage collection running?
>>
>> The timeout is happening on the receiver side after not receiving any tcp
>> data for handoff_receive_timeout *milli*seconds.  I know you said you
>> increased it, but not how high.  I would bump that up to 300000 to give the
>> sender a chance to read larger objects off disk.
>>
>> To check if the sender is transmitting, on the source node you could run
>>   redbug:start("riak_core_handoff_sender:visit_item", [{arity,
>> true},{print_file,"/tmp/visit_item.log"},{time, 3600000},{msgs, 1000000}]).
>>
>> That file should fill fairly fast with an entry for every object the
>> sender tries to transmit.
>>
>> There's a long shot it could be network misconfiguration. Run this from
>> the source node having problems
>>
>> rpc:multicall(erlang, apply, [fun() -> TargetNode = node(), [_Name,Host]
>> = string:tokens(atom_to_list(TargetNode), "@"), {ok, Port} =
>> riak_core_gen_server:call({riak_core_handoff_listener, TargetNode},
>> handoff_port), HandoffIP = riak_core_handoff_listener:get_handoff_ip(),
>> TNHandoffIP = case HandoffIP of error -> Host; {ok, "0.0.0.0"} -> Host;
>> {ok, Other} -> Other end, {node(), HandoffIP, TNHandoffIP,
>> inet:gethostbyname(TNHandoffIP), Port} end, []]).
>>
>> and it will print out a a list of remote nodes and IP addresses (and
>> hopefully an empty list of failed nodes)
>>
>> {[{'dev1@127.0.0.1',          <---- node name
>>
>>   {ok,"0.0.0.0"},             <---- handoff ip address configured in
>> app.config
>>
>>   "127.0.0.1",                <---- hostname passed to socket open
>>
>>   {ok,{hostent,"127.0.0.1",[],inet,4,[{127,0,0,1}]}}, <--- DNS entry for
>> hostname
>>
>>   10019}],                    <---- handoff port
>>
>>  []} <--- empty list of errors
>>
>> Good luck, Jon.
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 3:55 AM Vladyslav Zakhozhai <
>> v.zakhoz...@smartweb.com.ua> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Jon thank you for the answer. During approval of my mail to this list
>>> I've troubleshoot my issue more deep. And yes, your are right. Neither
>>> {error, enotconn} nor max_concurrency is my problem.
>>>
>>> I'm going to migrate my cluster entierly to eleveldb only, i.e. I need
>>> to refuse using bitcask. I have a talk with basho support and they said
>>> that it is tricky to tune bitcask on servers with 32 GB RAM (and I guess
>>> that it is not tricky, but it is impossible, because bitcask loads all keys
>>> in memory regardless of free available RAM). With LevelDB I have
>>> opportunity to tune using RAM on servers.
>>>
>>> So I have 15 nodes with multibackend (bitcask for data and leveldb for
>>> metadata). 2 additional servers are without multibackend - only with
>>> leveldb. Now I'm not sure do I need still use mutibackend with levedb-only