Hi,

There was a known eleveldb bug with handoff receiving that could cause a
timeout.  But it does not sound like bug fits your symptoms.  However, I am
willing to verify my diagnosis.  I would need you to gather the LOG files from
all vnodes on the RECEIVING side (or at least from the vnode that you are
attempting and is failing).

I will check it for the symptoms of the known bug.

Note:  the LOG files reset on each restart of Riak.  So you must gather the LOG
files right after the failure without restarting Riak.

Matthew