Alex, This is why I was requesting you run "riak-debug" on one server. I would like to look at the leveldb LOG files before guessing and/or offering other solutions. I have a guess but would like to confirm it with supporting evidence from the LOG file.
Matthew > On May 5, 2016, at 10:11 AM, alexc155 <[email protected]> wrote: > > Hi, > > Thanks for your reply. > > I don't think that write_once is going to work for us as we have to > periodically update the data (although if we remove the data before > re-inserting it, would that work?) > > Why does read-before-write slow down new writes so much? > > Some new information we've found - it seems that if we write the data and > then update it, we get fast speeds too. It's just the initial write of the > data that is slow. > > So why is writing sequential keys so much slower than updating them or > writing non-sequential keys? > > > > -- > View this message in context: > http://riak-users.197444.n3.nabble.com/How-to-increase-Riak-write-performance-for-sequential-alpha-numeric-keys-tp4034219p4034225.html > Sent from the Riak Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com. > > _______________________________________________ > riak-users mailing list > [email protected] > http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com _______________________________________________ riak-users mailing list [email protected] http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com
