> We have some neutron diffraction data collected and stored in the VAX
> computer at Argonne, and we want to remotely get access to those data
> from our Windows-PC or Mac here. However, we were unable to display the
> diffraction patterns on our computers. Do we need an emulation program for
> doing this? If yes, what are the possible programs, especially those that
> could be downloaded from websites? Any suggestions will be apreciated.

Do you mean you want to remote login to the VAX or just get the
data down to the PC.

Not being a VAX type of person the following could be wrong but
you may have to convert it into Window or Mac ASCII format?
Though FTP should do this for you - and a program such
as Winplotr or CMPR should then be able to display a variety of
Neutron formats.

Refer:
CMPR:
  http://www.ccp14.ac.uk/tutorial/cmpr/index.html
Fullprof/Winplotr:
  http://www.ccp14.ac.uk/tutorial/fullprof/index.html

---

Another option is to look at:
  http://www.ccp14.ac.uk/solution/gsas/dos-vms.htm
Though this is converting DOS/UNIX GSAS files to
VAX ASCII.

Hope this helps.

Lachlan.

--
Lachlan M. D. Cranswick

Collaborative Computational Project No 14 (CCP14)
    for Single Crystal and Powder Diffraction
Daresbury Laboratory, Warrington, WA4 4AD U.K
Tel: +44-1925-603703  Fax: +44-1925-603124
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Ext: 3703  Room C14
NEW CCP14 Web Domain (Under heavy construction):
                           http://www.ccp14.ac.uk