Hongwu,

Assuming your problem is just to get graphics over a network you can
probably use an xserver. This works for looking at TOF data collected at
the ISIS source in the UK, which also uses VAX computers. In that case you
connect with a telnet and utter the magic words:
"set display/create/trans=tcpip/node=your.ip.address", sometimes appending
":0.0". When you try to run a program which uses graphics you need to make
sure an xserver is running on your PC/mac and the pictures might appear.

The difficult part is getting hold of a free xserver for a PC/mac, you
could try MI/X. The URL to download MI/X from MicroImages' is
http://www.microimages.com/ in the "Free Downloads" section.

Hope this helps,

Jon Wright

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, Hongwu Xu wrote:

> Hi, Everyone,
>
> We have some neutron diffraction data collected and stored in the VAX
> computer at Argonne, and we want to remotely get access to those data
> from our Windows-PC or Mac here. However, we were unable to display the
> diffraction patterns on our computers. Do we need an emulation program for
> doing this? If yes, what are the possible programs, especially those that
> could be downloaded from websites? Any suggestions will be apreciated.
>
> Hongwu

         Dept. of Chemistry, Lensfield Road, Cambridge, CB2 1EW
   Phone-Office 01223 (3)36396; Lab 01223 (3)36305; Home 01223 740198